Monday, June 23, 2008

Mildmay AIDS Clinic

Today I visited Mildmay HIV/AIDS clinic in Entebbe. The clinic is a place where HIV patients get their ARV drugs to keep their immune system healthy. I visited the children's hospital that was on the ground. It was sad, but not as crazy as one might think. I think the worst kid was a girl who was 2 years old and literally looked like she was 2 months old. She could not talk or hold herself up in her crib. It was not something fun to see, but it was something that I need to see. But there were also kids who were walking around the ward of the hospital wanting to talk and play with us Mzungu's also known as white people. It was a good day to say the least and I am glad I got to see what I saw. Blessings,

Scott

1 comment:

Randall said...

Scott-
Cindy and I are praying for you!