Monday, June 9, 2008

18 hours

I set up this blog in order to save me some time while I am in Africa. Hopefully I will be able to update you with what I am doing and experiencing while I am there. I am about to leave Kansas on the 10th for an 18 hours of flying to Kampala Uganda in Africa. That is LONG. What I will be doing when I get to Africa is a little uncertain, but that is just fine with me. I usually find out that when I expect something a certain way, God pretty much always shatters my ideas. So when I get to Kampala I will let you know what I will be doing for most of the trip.

The Fear of Love

I have come to fear love
as I have often come,
to what must be desired
and to what must be done.

Only love can quiet the fear
of love, and only love can save
from diminishment the love
we must lose to have.

We stand as in an open field,
blossom, leaf, and stem,
rooted and shaken in our day,
heads nodding in the wind.

- Wendell Berry

If I speak in the tonges of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13: 1-3

No comments: