Saturday, July 12, 2008

Prison. . . again

I am back in the prison again. Now I am teaching Philippians, doing some counseling, and playing some sports. This next week I will start the sports and counseling sessions. So far the bible study has been going really well. There are about 80-90 prisoners there for it. We do some singing, some testimonies, and I give a little talk. The whole experience is humbling and beautiful at the same time. These men seem to absorb the word and hold it in their hearts. They are wonderful people. I am also teaching a little bit of English to some women and a man that live around the prison. I really have no idea what I am doing or if they are learning, but hopefully they are.

May the Lord bless you and keep you wherever you are.

2 comments:

Hoffmans said...

Hello Scott, I wanted to say thank you for being a great servant to the Lord. You are doing a great job, though it may be difficult at times. I do hope you are well and that you are happy. I am so looking forward to hearing some cool stories from you. How easy it is to get attached to the Uganda people. They sure enjoy Americans, don't they!!! I tried to call you Saturday morning, July 19th ( 6am )our time, but your hone was off. I will keep trying for another couple of hours. What is a good time to call you?? So, do you think you will go back there some day and teach English and share the Gospel? Dan so wants Julie and I, with the family to get to the Congo in Sept. with Peggy, that may be possible, Lord willing, as Boeing will be on strike for 2 solid months. There will be an opportunity then, and maybe get to trip over to Uganda. I am trying to call you right now but your phone is switched off. Oh, isn't the night sky just gorgeous, I was so impressed by the billions of stars, crystal clear and so bright. Very impressive. We continue to pray for you. Give those people lots of LOVE. Peter

scottsladeuganda said...

Peter, my phone was off because it was dead and I was in Jinja and I could not charge it. Call me sometime if you want. I should have it charged.